Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ultrasound Results



So, the baby is officially a boy, with 90% certainty from the ultrasound technician. She said she would have given it higher percentage than that if he would have stopped crossing his legs. So we can finally start buying boy clothes and pick out the nursery colors and everything else. We are SOOOOO excited! Paul is so proud to have a son and a soon-to-be play buddy. He will probably be the world's youngest wrestler, so I hope he's preparing now... ;)

At the appointment today the technician explained where all the body parts were, and he was quite active for most of the time. He kept his legs crossed for awhile, until I guess he thought it was time to let us know. In one of the ultrasound pics there's proof, in the upper right one, there's an arrow pointing down and it says "male". It's a little hard to see though. The technician, Jill, let us know that he has 5 fingers on each hand, his heart has the 4 chambers and looks good, and we could see his little heart beating! His heart beat at 150 bpm was good and we got to see his spine, ribs, stomach (which was full) and bladder (also full at the beginning, but throughout the ultrasound it emptied and filled back up again, along with his stomach). He even had the hiccups, which we could see. Everything looks good, which makes us very happy! It looks like my due date is officially January 2nd, so I'm about 16 weeks along, so not as far as I thought.

It was so precious to see him moving and just to actually SEE him was awesome! I can't even describe it. I really can't wait to meet him. Throughout the pregnancy, Paul and I knew we wanted a boy, but would be fine with a girl. And I really didn't feel like I was having either one necessarily until 1-2 weeks ago, when I just knew that we weren't having a girl. I just didn't feel like there was a girl inside me. So I was just waiting for her to tell us it was a boy. It was a great day and it was really cool to have Paul there, and my sister too. I know she thought it was way cool to see. So, just a really great day!

P.S. Be sure to click on the picture to see the full view, hope it helps...

2 comments:

Melanie Francis said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you!! It is such a fun experience! (until you are 38 weeks in 100 degree weather with no air conditioning, then it is not so fun and you just want them to get the heck out!!) That is so neat that Marie got to see, too. Fun, Fun I am so excited for you guys and Ryder is such a cute name!!!
Love ya, Melanie

Melanie Francis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.